COURSE LAUNCHES WEEK OF MARCH 20, 2023
Let's paint a moody daffodil and create an oversized card project together!
In the whimsical watercolor mini-class series, I'm sharing bite-sized art lessons in watercolor and other mediums like colored pencils, markers, gouache, and more.
The intention of this course series is to provide mini-class lessons packed with techniques that are easy to understand, replicate, and master.
AND, we'll create a fun oversized card project together. At the end of the series, you'll have 12 or more card projects that you handpainted.
In This Mini Class, You Will Learn:
- How to mix realistic greens for leaves and botanicals using watercolor
- Basic composition for botanical painting
- Basic watercolor lifting techniques and how to preserve whites in flowers
- Moody texture techniques using salt
- Glazing and layering
- Wet into Wet and Wet into Dry Watercolor Techniques
- To get comfortable with brushstrokes and brush dancing
- Adding details with colored pencils and white gouache or gel pen to enhance watercolor.
- To TRUST Yourself! You can do this!
What Do You Need to Take this Class?
Grab the following from your stash:
- A simple set of watercolors. Whatever you have will work!
- In this class, we'll be using the following colors: Green, Light Yellow, Dark Yellow, Orange, Gray
- White Gouache if you have it. If not, grab some white acrylic paint, white watercolor or gel pen
- Colored pencils in green, yellow and gray.
- Watercolor paper sized at 5x7. Whatever you have on hand. I prefer 100% cotton.
- A piece of cardstock or watercolor paper (heavy paper so you can make the A-7 sized card base. Flat size 10 x 6.9, scored at 5 inches and the final folded size is 5 x 6.9
- Brushes in your favorite sizes: I like Rounds in 6,8 and 10 and a 3 for small details.
- Dryer or heat tool
GENERAL LIST OF MY FAVORITE WATERCOLOR SUPPLIES. You do NOT need these items.
It's just a general list I share in all my classes.
What You'll Make:
Class Handouts Provided Including the Hot Air Balloon Outline
This class is perfect for beginners, seasoned watercolorists, and/or enthusiasts. It is my intention for you to have FUN and enjoy painting.
May you find pause from the hustle, pure joy, and inspiration here!
Whimsical Watercolor: Let's Paint a Moody Daffodil Part One
Whimsical Watercolor: Let's Paint a Moody Daffodil Part Two
About this course
- 2 lessons
- 2 hours of video content
Lisa provides simple and complete instruction. I was feeling nervous about “painting”, but with her guiding all the way, I had success and a lot of fun! I ...Read More
Lisa provides simple and complete instruction. I was feeling nervous about “painting”, but with her guiding all the way, I had success and a lot of fun! I am looking forward to my next class☺️Read Less